- Super hot Seahawks fan Rebecca Grant shows her appreciation (VIDEO)
- Erin Andrews graces December SELF Magazine in workout photoshoot
- NHL players reveal celebrity crushes (VIDEO)
- Who is the Hottest Golf Channel Hottie of All-Time?
- Arnold Palmer gives Kate Upton golf lessons (VIDEO)
- Alex Morgan and Sydney Leroux do Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke for Halloween (PICS)
- Oklahoma City Thunder Girls pose for team calendar (VIDEO)
- Detroit Pride 2014 Calendar Pictures
- Mila Kunis photobombed Steelers owner Dan Rooney
- Miami Dolphins cheerleaders cover “Blurred Lines” (VIDEO)
- Former NHLer Mike Modano marries pro golfer and hottie Allison Micheletti (PICS)
- Kelly Hall, Matthew Stafford’s girlfriend, dances in a bikini (VIDEO)
- Maria Sharapova to change her name to Sugarpova for the U.S. Open
- Matthew Stafford’s girlfriend, Kelly Hall, can dance a little bit (VIDEO)
- Kelly in Vegas: The Hottest Sports Bettor on Earth
“Chicago Stronger” t-shirts were actually made
- Updated: June 14, 2013
A Chicago-based t-shirt company thought it was a good idea to play off the Boston slogan “Boston strong” stemming from the terrible tragedy during the Boston Marathon.
Cubby Tees manufactured “Chicago Stronger” t-shirts for Blackhawks fans to wear during the Stanley Cup against the Bruins. The Blackhawks lead the series one game to none. Cubby Tees provided the following explanation:
“Following the tragedy of the Boston Marathon bombing, the nation rallied around Beantown and its “Boston Strong” motto, which has since been appropriated by its sports teams. We love Boston and support/admire its people, but don’t believe that the homicidal lunacy of two disturbed locals has rendered its teams invincible. This is about hockey, this is about O-6 pride, this is about the Cup.”
Update: The shirts have actually been pulled from the company’s website (after they presumably got killed for their stupidity).
This isn’t the first time during the playoffs that Boston has been mocked. This Toronto Maple Leafs fan thought he was creative.
I have absolutely zero rooting interest for who wins Stanley’s Cup. But knowing that the owner(s) of Cubby Tees is pulling for the Blackhawks, I’ll side with the Bruins.
Suck it, Chicago.