- Is former Fox Sports Detroit’s Brittney now Calvin Johnson’s girlfriend? (PICS)
- Super hot Seahawks fan Rebecca Grant shows her appreciation (VIDEO)
- Erin Andrews graces December SELF Magazine in workout photoshoot
- NHL players reveal celebrity crushes (VIDEO)
- Who is the Hottest Golf Channel Hottie of All-Time?
- Arnold Palmer gives Kate Upton golf lessons (VIDEO)
- Alex Morgan and Sydney Leroux do Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke for Halloween (PICS)
- Oklahoma City Thunder Girls pose for team calendar (VIDEO)
- Detroit Pride 2014 Calendar Pictures
- Mila Kunis photobombed Steelers owner Dan Rooney
- Miami Dolphins cheerleaders cover “Blurred Lines” (VIDEO)
- Former NHLer Mike Modano marries pro golfer and hottie Allison Micheletti (PICS)
- Kelly Hall, Matthew Stafford’s girlfriend, dances in a bikini (VIDEO)
- Maria Sharapova to change her name to Sugarpova for the U.S. Open
- Matthew Stafford’s girlfriend, Kelly Hall, can dance a little bit (VIDEO)
Cody Zeller is a dirty, albeit sneaky dirty, player (VIDEO)
- Updated: February 20, 2013
Indiana’s Cody Zeller is having an All-American season. He has been the co-MVP on the nation’s best team. He’s averaging 17 and 8 and had a large hand in Indiana’s win over Michigan State in East Lansing Tuesday. Aside from the 17 points and five rebounds weren’t all he contributed.
Watch the next two clips and you’ll see that Zeller is a dirty, cheap player. In the first clip, there was 4:10 left on the clock Tuesday. Zeller deliberately tossed his elbow into MSU center Derrick Nix’s midsection to clear room. Ask Nix how high his voice went.
Now watch the second video. State was up three with two minutes to play. On the surface, this looked like retaliation from Nix. A nutshot for a nutshot. Everybody thought so. Dick Vitale ripped Nix on the spot during the broadcast. “There’s no doubt about it. He catches him with the elbow,” Vitale said, while calling the game alongside former MSU player and NBA Hall of Famer Magic Johnson. “See that, Magic? There’s no place for that. No place for that in basketball. Play the game, play with good sportsmanship, play the game. Don’t ruin it because of some stupidity, and some immature action.” The Big Lead called out Nix for being dirty.
Why did Zeller do this? By hitting Nix first, he tried to get Nix to relatiate. When there was none, Zeller pulled the second stunt to help change the tide. State was on a mini-run and it helped kill the Spartans’ momentum. Also adding wood to the fire was Nix saying that Zeller and Indiana stud Victor Oladipo were overrated days prior.
There’s no debating that Cody Zeller is a good player. But there’s also no debating that there is no place for that in basketball. Play the game, play with good sportsmanship, play the game. Don’t ruin it because of some stupidity, and some immature action. Vitale was absolutely right, except that both his and The Big Lead’s vigor was directed at the wrong player.