- Is former Fox Sports Detroit’s Brittney now Calvin Johnson’s girlfriend? (PICS)
- Super hot Seahawks fan Rebecca Grant shows her appreciation (VIDEO)
- Erin Andrews graces December SELF Magazine in workout photoshoot
- NHL players reveal celebrity crushes (VIDEO)
- Who is the Hottest Golf Channel Hottie of All-Time?
- Arnold Palmer gives Kate Upton golf lessons (VIDEO)
- Alex Morgan and Sydney Leroux do Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke for Halloween (PICS)
- Oklahoma City Thunder Girls pose for team calendar (VIDEO)
- Detroit Pride 2014 Calendar Pictures
- Mila Kunis photobombed Steelers owner Dan Rooney
- Miami Dolphins cheerleaders cover “Blurred Lines” (VIDEO)
- Former NHLer Mike Modano marries pro golfer and hottie Allison Micheletti (PICS)
- Kelly Hall, Matthew Stafford’s girlfriend, dances in a bikini (VIDEO)
- Maria Sharapova to change her name to Sugarpova for the U.S. Open
- Matthew Stafford’s girlfriend, Kelly Hall, can dance a little bit (VIDEO)
DBacks catching prospect Stryker Trahan destroys base runner
- Updated: July 19, 2012
NERD ALERT: Sir Isaac Newton once deduced that,
“Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.”
In this play that occurred in June, the “object” is some poor sap trying to score on a base hit. The “external force” is Stryker Trahan, the Arizona Diamondbacks first round selection in this year’s First-Year Player Draft. Stryker checks in at 6’1″, 215 so while he’s a big dude, he isn’t enormous. And 99 times out of 100 the catcher takes the brunt of a hit in this situation. I won’t go Newton on your again, but the runner is running at full speed. The catcher is standing there not moving. You get it.
That didn’t happen here. You can call Stryker, who current plays for the AZL D-Backs in the Rookie Arizona League, a brick wall or a man of steel, but that geek Newton beat you to the punch with “external force”. It only took the runner seven seconds to get back to his feet and re-gain his bearings.