- Verlander and Kate Upton do ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (VIDEO)
- Fox Sports Detroit girls win the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (VIDEO)
- USC Song Girls take ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (VIDEO)
- Miami Dolphins cheerleaders’ fashion show and calendar unveiling (PHOTOS)
- Jon Gruden coaches Hooters girls through training camp (VIDEO)
- Stafford’s lady Kelly Hall’s 25th birthday documented on Instagram (PHOTOS)
- Verlander tossed Upton a ball at Yankee Stadium, she melted (VIDEO)
- Paulina Gretzky goes wakesurfing (VIDEO)
- Kate Upton wants to get a puppy with Justin Verlander
- Drew Smyly and his girlfriend spent the All Star break on a boat (PHOTOS)
- Justin Verlander spends All Star break in Mexico with Kate Upton (PHOTOS)
- WAG battle: Matthew Stafford vs. Calvin Johnson vs. Reggie Bush (Gallery)
- Mrs. Matthew Stafford, Kelly Hall, does the worm like no other (VIDEO)
- Detroit Pride Cheerleaders “Finals Showcase” (VIDEO)
- Amanda Dufner enjoyed her Fourth of July weekend (PHOTOS)
Max Scherzer to celebrate Cy Young award win with lots of champagne
- Updated: November 13, 2013
On Wednesday evening, it was announced that Tigers ace Max Scherzer was the American League Cy Young award winner for 2013. Not three hours later, Scherzer had his drug store baskets full of the (highest quality) $15 champagne one can buy.
Scherzer received 28 of the 30 possible first place votes to finish ahead of second place Yu Darvish of the Rangers. Scherzer finished with a 21-3 record with a 2.90 ERA over 32 starts. His domination had him in top five in the league in ERA, innings (214 1/3), strikeouts (240), WHIP (0.97), K/BB (4.28).
With those numbers, you’d think he would have needed a last-minute liquor run.
Max’s wife Erica May later tweeted a picture of how Mr. and Mrs. Cy Young celebrated “the right way.” More champagne, but much much better quality champagne.