- Paulina Gretzky goes wakesurfing (VIDEO)
- Kate Upton wants to get a puppy with Justin Verlander
- Drew Smyly and his girlfriend spent the All Star break on a boat (PHOTOS)
- Justin Verlander spends All Star break in Mexico with Kate Upton (PHOTOS)
- WAG battle: Matthew Stafford vs. Calvin Johnson vs. Reggie Bush (Gallery)
- Mrs. Matthew Stafford, Kelly Hall, does the worm like no other (VIDEO)
- Detroit Pride Cheerleaders “Finals Showcase” (VIDEO)
- Amanda Dufner enjoyed her Fourth of July weekend (PHOTOS)
- Top Ten WAGs of the World Cup (Gallery)
- SI Swimsuit models sing Will Smith’s “Welcome to Miami” (VIDEO)
- Jen Selter’s 25 Best Instagram Pictures
- Kate Upton sits on ex Maksim Chmerkovskiy’s lap. Uh oh, Tigers.
- WAGs of the 2014 Stanley Cup (PHOTOS)
- Kelly Hall, Matthew Stafford’s fiancee, bikini filled vacation weekend (PHOTOS)
- Soccer hottie Alex Morgan hits PERFECT shot at the driving range (VIDEO)
Max Scherzer to celebrate Cy Young award win with lots of champagne
- Updated: November 13, 2013
On Wednesday evening, it was announced that Tigers ace Max Scherzer was the American League Cy Young award winner for 2013. Not three hours later, Scherzer had his drug store baskets full of the (highest quality) $15 champagne one can buy.
Scherzer received 28 of the 30 possible first place votes to finish ahead of second place Yu Darvish of the Rangers. Scherzer finished with a 21-3 record with a 2.90 ERA over 32 starts. His domination had him in top five in the league in ERA, innings (214 1/3), strikeouts (240), WHIP (0.97), K/BB (4.28).
With those numbers, you’d think he would have needed a last-minute liquor run.
Max’s wife Erica May later tweeted a picture of how Mr. and Mrs. Cy Young celebrated “the right way.” More champagne, but much much better quality champagne.