- Victoria’s Secret models twerk and stuff at Fashion Show (VIDEO)
- Bill Cowher LOVED the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (VIDEO)
- Is former Fox Sports Detroit’s Brittney now Calvin Johnson’s girlfriend? (PICS)
- Super hot Seahawks fan Rebecca Grant shows her appreciation (VIDEO)
- Erin Andrews graces December SELF Magazine in workout photoshoot
- NHL players reveal celebrity crushes (VIDEO)
- Who is the Hottest Golf Channel Hottie of All-Time?
- Arnold Palmer gives Kate Upton golf lessons (VIDEO)
- Alex Morgan and Sydney Leroux do Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke for Halloween (PICS)
- Oklahoma City Thunder Girls pose for team calendar (VIDEO)
- Detroit Pride 2014 Calendar Pictures
- Mila Kunis photobombed Steelers owner Dan Rooney
- Miami Dolphins cheerleaders cover “Blurred Lines” (VIDEO)
- Former NHLer Mike Modano marries pro golfer and hottie Allison Micheletti (PICS)
- Kelly Hall, Matthew Stafford’s girlfriend, dances in a bikini (VIDEO)
Vegas: MSU the most bet-on team to win NCAA Tournament
- Updated: March 7, 2013
Every year seems to be similar for fans of Michigan State. They’ll suffer through a tough losses in November. Steamroll through December and drop four or five in the Big Ten. But if there is one thing they can count on, March will be a fun month. And it isn’t just Michigan State fans that believe this.
According to the Las Vegas Hotel & Casino Superbook, more bets have been placed on Michigan State to win the NCAA Tournament than any other team. As of Tuesday, 161 bets had been placed on Tom Izzo’s Spartans to win it all at the SuperBook, according to Ed Salmons, head oddsmakers and assistant manager.
Indiana is second by just a few tickets, followed by a tie between Kansas and Duke.
Top five teams in terms of bets placed at the LVH to win NCAA Tournament:
1. Michigan State
3. Kansas and Duke (tie)
5. North Carolina State
So why Michigan State? They’re currently only the 10th-ranked team in the country. Joe Lunardi doesn’t even have them as a two-seed in his Bracketology (as if that means anything).
Simple – Tom Izzo. Izzo holds a 35-12 record in the NCAA Tournament. He’s won it (in 2000). He’s taken teams to the Final Four in 1999, 2000, ’01, ’05, ’09, and ’10. Perhaps the most impressive statistic about Tom Izzo’s tenure at the Michigan State helm – every four year player has been to a Final Four.
I’m not a betting man, but if I was, I’d put my green on green.