- Bill Cowher LOVED the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (VIDEO)
- Is former Fox Sports Detroit’s Brittney now Calvin Johnson’s girlfriend? (PICS)
- Super hot Seahawks fan Rebecca Grant shows her appreciation (VIDEO)
- Erin Andrews graces December SELF Magazine in workout photoshoot
- NHL players reveal celebrity crushes (VIDEO)
- Who is the Hottest Golf Channel Hottie of All-Time?
- Arnold Palmer gives Kate Upton golf lessons (VIDEO)
- Alex Morgan and Sydney Leroux do Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke for Halloween (PICS)
- Oklahoma City Thunder Girls pose for team calendar (VIDEO)
- Detroit Pride 2014 Calendar Pictures
- Mila Kunis photobombed Steelers owner Dan Rooney
- Miami Dolphins cheerleaders cover “Blurred Lines” (VIDEO)
- Former NHLer Mike Modano marries pro golfer and hottie Allison Micheletti (PICS)
- Kelly Hall, Matthew Stafford’s girlfriend, dances in a bikini (VIDEO)
- Maria Sharapova to change her name to Sugarpova for the U.S. Open
Pittsburgh Penguins to offer free concessions, half-off merchandise for first four home games
- Updated: January 10, 2013
The Pittsburgh Penguins have become the first NHL team to announce that they will be running a fairly sizable “we’re sorry” promotion. Fans attending any of the first four home games at the CONSOL Energy Center will be offered free selected concessions and half-off all team merchandise inside the arena.
Fans will receive a voucher for three free concession items to choose from among hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, nachos, popcorn, pretzels, salads and fountain drinks.
The Penguins are also running a week-long program of contests for fans to win prizes leading up to the home opener. The contests will be held via social media and the team’s website. Fans will have chances to win:
- A pair of tickets to every home game during the 2013 regular season
- A road trip for two to see the Penguins play the Rangers in New York City (airfare, accommodations, tickets)
- Three autographed jerseys – one each from Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Marc-Andre Fleury
- Four seats in the first row at the home opener, including dinner in the Lexus Club and limo service to and from the game
- Two five-game mini-plans
- Six lower bowl tickets to any regular season game
- $700 of merchandise at PensGear
It’s quite obvious that teams will have to do some work to get fans back into the arenas nationwide. And by work I mean giving away free stuff. The Penguins have gotten that memo.