- Is former Fox Sports Detroit’s Brittney now Calvin Johnson’s girlfriend? (PICS)
- Super hot Seahawks fan Rebecca Grant shows her appreciation (VIDEO)
- Erin Andrews graces December SELF Magazine in workout photoshoot
- NHL players reveal celebrity crushes (VIDEO)
- Who is the Hottest Golf Channel Hottie of All-Time?
- Arnold Palmer gives Kate Upton golf lessons (VIDEO)
- Alex Morgan and Sydney Leroux do Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke for Halloween (PICS)
- Oklahoma City Thunder Girls pose for team calendar (VIDEO)
- Detroit Pride 2014 Calendar Pictures
- Mila Kunis photobombed Steelers owner Dan Rooney
- Miami Dolphins cheerleaders cover “Blurred Lines” (VIDEO)
- Former NHLer Mike Modano marries pro golfer and hottie Allison Micheletti (PICS)
- Kelly Hall, Matthew Stafford’s girlfriend, dances in a bikini (VIDEO)
- Maria Sharapova to change her name to Sugarpova for the U.S. Open
- Matthew Stafford’s girlfriend, Kelly Hall, can dance a little bit (VIDEO)
“Eat ‘em up, Tigers” guy killed in hit-and-run accident
- Updated: July 27, 2013
Two Detroit icons have died – the “Eat ‘em up Tigers” guy and “Dreadlock Mike” who cruised around downtown Detroit in his wheelchair.
WDIV Local 4 News in Detroit is reporting that the “Eat ‘em up, Tigers” guy was the victim of a hit and run accident on Gratiot Avenue late Friday night/early Saturday morning. The man introduced himself to me as “Van Horn” was reportedly hanging out with another Detroit favorite “Dreadlock Mike” who has also reportedly been killed. WDIV confirmed the story Saturday morning. Walking into and out of Comerica Park will never be the same. The two constants for every Tiger game in recent years were: (1) Jim Leyland’s station-to-station baseball and (2) Somebody chanting “Eat ‘em up, Tigers” around Comerica Park. Van Horn had aspirations of running for mayor in Detroit. And of course, his slogan would have been “Eat ‘em up, Tigers.” May the Tigers play in Van Horn and “Dreadlock Mike’s” honor during their quest for the 2013 World Series.
And now, a small tribute to the “Eat ‘em up, Tigers” guy.
And Van Horn wasn’t just a one-trick pony. He dabbled in “Eat ‘em up, Red Wings” too.
Dear Drivers of the car that hit and killed Van Horn and “Dreadlock Mike”,
You guys suck.